Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
ASMI is a public-private partnership between the State of Alaska and the Alaska seafood industry established to foster economic development of a renewable natural resource. ASMI plays a key role in the positioning of Alaska’s seafood industry as a competitive market-driven food production industry.
ASMI’s work to boost the value of Alaska’s seafood product portfolio is accomplished through a variety of tactics, including partnerships with retail grocers, foodservice distributors, restaurant chains, foodservice operators, universities, culinary schools, and the media. ASMI conducts consumer campaigns, public relations and advertising activities, and aligns with industry efforts for maximum effectiveness. ASMI also functions as a global brand manager of the Alaska Seafood family of brands.
Board & Committees
Request for Proposal
Contact Our Team
The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute is a marketing organization with the mission of increasing the economic value of the Alaska seafood resource through:
- Increasing the positive awareness of the Alaska Seafood brand;
- Collaborative marketing programs that align ASMI and industry marketing efforts for maximum impact within the food industry;
- Championing the sustainability of Alaska’s seafood harvests resulting from existing Alaska fisheries management imperatives. (State of Alaska Constitution and Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Management and Conservation Act and The Halibut Act);
- Proactive marketing planning to address short and long-term goals while remaining flexible and responsive to a changing environment and economy;
- Quality assurance, technical industry analysis, education, advocacy and research;
- Prudent, efficient fiscal management.
ASMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.