ASMI Media Library Terms & Conditions
Updated July 9, 2020
By downloading ASMI image and video assets, you hereby acknowledge and agree to adhere to the terms and conditions for use of the ASMI assets as set forth below. These terms and conditions of use constitute a legal agreement between you and ASMI.
(Use of the ASMI logo on your company’s print and digital materials, including but not limited to packaging and marketing materials, requires separate permission gained by contacting ASMI directly)
- ASMI assets may include, but are not limited to, photographs, video and artwork depicting Alaska’s natural beauty, Alaska fisheries, Alaska seafood, and dishes prepared with Alaska seafood. All ASMI assets you currently have or obtain in the future are subject to these terms and conditions.
- ASMI assets may be used only in conjunction with the promotion or sale of fish or seafood that originated in Alaskan waters. Eligible species include Alaska salmon, halibut, cod, Alaska pollock, sole/flounder, black cod, rockfish, herring, crab (King, Snow or Dungeness), scallops, shrimp, oysters, roe (salmon, pollock, cod or herring) and surimi seafood.
- Proof of Alaskan origin must be shown promptly upon request.
- ASMI assets may be used only in connection with Alaska seafood or prepared foods in which Alaska seafood is the predominant ingredient.
- ASMI assets may be used only in connection with food products for human consumption.
- ASMI assets may be resized as necessary for permitted uses but shall not be modified in any other way without ASMI’s prior written consent.
- ASMI may require photo credits for all uses of ASMI assets. Photo credits shall read “Photo Courtesy of Alaska Seafood.”
- The use of ASMI assets is subject to further guidelines that ASMI may issue from time to time.
- Upon request by ASMI, you will allow ASMI to review and approve in advance all uses of ASMI assets on packaging and marketing materials (such as advertisements, collateral materials, POS materials, and video footage).
- Permission to use ASMI assets as set forth above is a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license, and will renew at the beginning of each calendar year until revoked. ASMI will notify you if, in its sole discretion, it does not renew your permission to use ASMI assets.
- All photos, images, videos, and assets are the property and copyright of ASMI. You acknowledge that ASMI assets are protected under applicable copyright laws.
- ASMI reserves the right to remove any images, videos or other assets from its library at any time. If it does so, you may be advised to phase out all use of such assets.
- Use of photo, image, video, or other assets shall not be used to show or imply ASMI endorsement of any commercial or personal product or enterprise or to indicate that ASMI concurs with the opinions expressed in, or confirms the accuracy of, any statement or text used in association with the assets.
- The exclusive venue for any action between you and ASMI with respect to the ASMI assets is the federal court in Juneau, Alaska.
- These Terms and Conditions will supersede and replace any prior Terms and Conditions between ASMI and you regarding use of the ASMI assets.
- You hereby warrant to ASMI that any products you identify or associate with any ASMI assets fully comply with all applicable state, federal, local, and international laws and regulations governing the production, promotion, distribution and sale of such products, and you will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend ASMI from and against any claim of, or liability for error, omission, negligent act, or any other third party claims arising out of or related in any way to the production, promotion, distribution, sale, or use of your products.