- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 Burgers
- 1 1/4 pounds of wild Alaska sockeye salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 thumb of ginger peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 Brioche burger buns
- 1 red onion sliced thinly and soaked in the juice of 1 lime
For the sauce:
- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Black pepper
Step 1 Prepare the burgers:
1) Place the salmon into a food processor with the garlic, ginger, and parsley.
2) Season with a little salt.
3) Blend together until it forms a mince.
4) Using wet hands shape into 4 equal portions and into burgers.
5) Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan and cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Step 2 Make the sauce:
1) To make the burger sauce place the egg yolks into a bowl with the mustard, tarragon and the zest and juice from the Florida Grapefruit.
2) Heat the butter in the microwave until it is bubbling, then carefully pour in slowly over the egg yolks while whisking together until it comes together as a sauce.
3) Once the sauce has thickened, season with a little black pepper and set to aside.
Step 3 Assemble the burgers:
1) When the burgers are cooked place in the brioche buns with the pickled red onions and the burger sauce. Enjoy!