- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Pasta and Sauce
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti
- 6 egg yolks, blended
- 2/3 cup cream (or half and half)
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 1 can (14.75 ounce) Wild Alaska salmon or 1 pound frozen or fresh salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (such as parsley or chives)
Step 1 Prepare zucchini
Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add zucchini; sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan; set aside.
Step 2 Prepare salmon
Drain canned salmon, if using. Air-fry frozen salmon for 8 to 10 minutes at 400F, or 2 to 3 minutes if using fresh salmon. Break salmon into chunks; set aside.
Step 3 Prepare pasta and sauce
Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 3⁄4 cup of cooking water. Mix the egg yolks with the cream, half of the pecorino cheese and 1⁄2 cup of the reserved cooking water. Drain the pasta; add the pasta to the fry pan. Over low heat, gently toss the pasta, egg mixture and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until eggs are barely set, adding a bit more cooking water if the sauce seems too thick. Gently stir in salmon and heat through.
Step 4 Serve
Divide pasta among 4 plates or bowls. Garnish with remaining cheese and fresh herbs.