- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 large salads
Alaska Surimi Seafood Mix
- 8 oz. package of Alaska Surimi Seafood, pressed with paper towel to release excess moisture
- 1 (2.5 oz.) jar of pickled artichokes, drained and shredded
- ½ pound fresh asparagus, blanched and diced
- 1 small head of fennel small, diced
- 5 ribs of celery hearts, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbs. Old Bay seasoning
- 4 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 heads Bibb lettuce hearts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 avocados, cut in half and seed removed and gently scooped from its skin
- ¼ cup mixed black and white sesame seeds
- 1 cup mixed pickled vegetables (sweet peppers, fennel, carrots, gold beets)
- Optional: Alaska kelp pickles
Step 1 Prepare surimi seafood mix
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the first 10 ingredients. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
Step 2 To serve
On four large white plates, arrange the Bibb lettuce leaves and mixed pickled vegetables and drizzle with the olive oil.
Scatter the sesame seeds on a plate and dip the halves of the avocados pit side down into them.
Place two avocado halves, flat side up, on top of the lettuce leaves.
Mix the Surimi Seafood salad and place on top of the avocados.