- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- 4 to 5 ounces baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup grated Gruyere
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes (not in oil), chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 wild Alaska salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Olive or grapeseed oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Step 1 Prepare the spinach
In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, chopped spinach, sundried tomatoes, Gruyere, chives and juice of the lemon.
Step 2 Stuff the salmon fillets
Cut each Alaska salmon fillet horizontally in center to make a cavity to place the stuffing. (Do not cut all the way through fish.) Spoon some spinach stuffing into each salmon cavity.
Step 3 Prepare and cook the salmon
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper; transfer salmon to baking sheet. Drizzle the salmon fillets with oil then season with salt and pepper. Bake until salmon is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.