Seared Alaska Salmon with Green Olive Salsa Verde
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 (6-ounce) wild Alaska salmon fillets, 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) wild Alaska salmon fillets
- 2 small lemons, halved
Step 1 Prepare salsa verde
Stir together parsley, olives, chives, shallot, zest, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2 Prepare salmon
Combine paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle and rub paprika mixture onto filets.
Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat until hot; add remaining 11/2 tablespoons oil swirling to coat. Add fillets skin side up and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and let stand a few minutes. Cook lemon halves cut side down until charred, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 3 To serve
Arrange fillets on a serving dish. Spoon salsa verde on top of filets. Serve warm with charred lemons.