- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Juice of half a lime
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 6 fillets (4–6 ounces each) wild Alaska salmon, pin bones and skin removed
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 14 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- To serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges Sriracha sauce
Step 1 Make the sauce
In a blender, combine the soy sauce, water, lime juice, sesame oil, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
Step 2 Marinate the salmon
Place the salmon fillets in a resealable plastic bag and pour one-third of the sauce over the salmon to coat. (Reserve the remaining sauce.) Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, begin preparing the rice noodles according to package directions.
Step 3 Cook the salmon
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade, shaking off the excess, and place them in the hot skillet. Sear for 3 minutes, or until browned on the bottom, and then turn and cook for 2 minutes for medium. Transfer the salmon to a plate and allow to rest.
Step 4 Add the vegetables and noodles
Add the bell pepper and snow peas to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through and tender-crisp. Add the reserved sauce to the skillet and heat through. Add the noodles to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce.
Step 5 Plate, garnish and serve
Distribute the noodles and vegetables evenly among 6 serving bowls. Top each bowl with a salmon fillet. Sprinkle each plate generously with peanuts, green onions, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and Sriracha sauce on the side.