Easy Alaska Salmon Spread
Salmon spread is a staple of any Alaska get together; create your own Alaska salmon spread platter with this simple recipe courtesy of Carlene Thomas.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 2, 6-ounce cans of Alaska salmon, drained
- 8 ounces neufchâtel cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cup minced chives
- 1/3 cup diced pre-cooked, pre-peeled beets (find them in the produce department refrigerator)
- Quick pickled cucumber, see below
- Smoked sea salt
- Rye bread toasts
- 2 small English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Step 1 Make the salmon spread
Add salmon, neufchâtel cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until smooth and fully combined (you don’t want any streaks of neufchâtel cheese). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Step 2 Make the pickles
Microwave or use a small pan on the stovetop to heat vinegar, water, salt and sugar. Slice small English cucumbers in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and chop into half moons. Add to the heated vinegar mix, stir and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
Step 3 Assemble spread and serve
To compile, add spread to a bowl or a plate. Add quick pickles, chives, beets, and smoked salt on top. Serve with rye bread toasts or veggies.