- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 3 oz cod quesadilla per serving
- 8 Alaska Cod fillets, 3 oz. ea.
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas, 10-inch ea.
- 4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups tomatoes, small dice
- 4 oz. Buffalo wing sauce, prepared
- 1 cup Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing, prepared
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, leaves only, chopped
Step 1 Prepare cod
Season and sauté cod fillets in 2 Tbsp. olive oil for 2 minutes. Carefully turn and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until fish is opaque throughout. Remove from heat, flake each portion. Refrigerate until needed.
Step 2 Assemble and serve
Lay 1 tortilla flat and build quesadilla on one half. Layer tortilla with ½ cup cheese, ¼ cup tomatoes, 3 oz. of prepared cod, and 3 tsp. Buffalo wing sauce. Fold in half and carefully lay on a hot, lightly oiled (2 tsp.) griddle. Cook until bottom is light brown. Carefully turn and cook until cheese is melted and second side of quesadilla is lightly browned. Remove from heat and cut into 4 wedges. Plate and drizzle with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing. Serve 2 Tbsp. of chosen dressing in small cup. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Step 3 Alternative Serving Suggestions
- Cut fillets into finger size pieces. Dip in house batter and fry. Drain. Toss fingers in Buffalo wing sauce. Serve with celery and Ranch dressing for Buffalo “fins.”
- Bread and fry cod pieces. Place on toasted mini hamburger bun that has been spread with Buffalo wing sauce on both sides. Serve with Blue Cheese dressing for dipping.