- Prep Time: 15 min, not including marinading time
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hr, 25 min
- Servings: Serves 4
- Yield: 16 (1-2 oz each) appetizers
- 16 portions of Alaska sablefish, 1-2 oz pieces each, skin and bones removed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 ea egg yolks
- 1 oz salt, for milk
- 1 cup wondra flour, or super fine flour
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 oz madras curry
- 1 gallon canola oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 oz ras al hanout spice
- Lime for squeeze of lime on top, served cut on the final plating
You will also need
- Tabletop fryer, or pot fitted with thermometer, set to 350° F
Step 1 Make aioli
Mix ras al hanout with mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 2 Fry the fish
Soak sablefish pieces in milk for 1 hour.
Make a dip with egg yolks and 2 oz of milk.
Put fish in dredge of corn starch, flour and curry.
Put fish in egg mix.
Return to flour mix.
Fry fish at 350° F until golden brown.
Garnish plate with aioli in a ramekin, with a slice of lime on the side.