- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes, not including marinara prep
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 6 oz sole sandwich per serving
- 3 pounds Wild Alaska sole fillet, 4 to 6 oz. ea.
- 3 cups flour, all-purpose
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups Italian bread crumbs, prepared
- 8 Hoagie style roll, 8”
- 16 Tablespoons garlic butter, prepared, softened
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce, prepared, hot
Step 1 Set up breading station
Set up breading station: flour, 4 beaten eggs, 2 cups bread crumbs, 4 beaten eggs, 2 cups bread crumbs.
For One Serving: Season 1 portion of Alaska sole with salt and pepper, place in flour, coat well, and shake off excess. Place in eggwash, coat completely, shake off excess. Place into bread crumbs, pressing to coat well, shake off excess. Place into second dish of eggwash, coat completely, shake off excess. Place into second dish of bread crumbs, pressing to coat well, shake off excess.
Step 2 Cook sole
Place into 350° fryer and cook 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Step 3 Assemble sandwiches and serve
For each sandwich, split hoagie roll and spread 1 Tbsp. garlic butter on each cut side. Sprinkle ¼ cup grated parmesan evenly over the buttered bread. Cut 2 slices of provolone cheese and lay 2 pieces over each piece of bread to cover end to end. Place into hot oven or under the salamander to toast and melt the cheese, remove. Place fried sole on the heel, top with hot marinara sauce, and close with crown. Cut sandwich on bias and serve.