Switch up dinner with these fresh and fun summer rolls with wild Alaska smoked salmon. A tangy honey mustard sauce is perfect for dipping.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 3-4 rolls per serving
- 6 ounces wild Alaska smoked salmon
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces rice noodles
- 10-15 rice paper sheets
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3 tablespoons medium hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill
Step 1 Prep ingredients
- Cut bell pepper, cucumber and carrots into narrow strips or sticks.
- Pluck the mint leaves from the stem.
- Cut the wild salmon into thin strips.
- Pour boiling water over the rice noodles and let them stand (according to package instructions).
Step 2 Assemble summer rolls
- One at the time, wet the rice sheets in lukewarm water on a shallow plate. Soak until rice sheet is pliable.
- Layer mint, wild Alaska salmon, rice noodles and vegetables of choice in the center. Be careful not to add too much filling.
- Begin to roll the summer roll by folding the top and bottom ends inward and finally roll into a roll.
- Repeat with remaining rice sheets and filling.
Step 3 Make the sauce
For the honey mustard sauce, mix all the ingredients together. For a less intense flavor, add more yogurt.