Spicy Wild Alaska Pollock Surimi and Shishito Rice Bowl
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
For the dressing:
- 1 (10-12 ounce ) bottle sesame-ginger/Asian style sesame/honey-ginger dressing
For the aioli:
- 1/2 cup bottled sriracha-aioli/ sriracha-ranch or spicy aioli dressing
For the rice:
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, kept warm
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
For the vegetable:
- 12 ounces shishito peppers (or bell pepper slices or green beans)
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
For the pollock surimi:
- 1-1 ¼ pound wild Alaska pollock surimi (small pieces kept whole, large pieces broken up)
- 1 lemon wedge (or 2 teaspoons lemon juice)
- 8-12 cups of mixed greens
Step 1 Make veggies
Heat a cast-iron or heavy bottom pan until hot. Toss peppers with olive oil to coat; add to the pan. Cook and char slightly on both sides. Remove vegetables to cool slightly; season with salt and pepper.
Step 2 Prepare surimi
In a mixing bowl, toss the aioli, wild Alaska pollock surimi, and the juice of lemon wedge until mixed.
Step 3 For each serving
Place 2-3 cups mixed greens in the bottom of a large single-serving bowl; drizzle on 1 tablespoon dressing. Toss 1 cup rice with 1 tablespoon dressing and 2 tablespoons green onions; place on top of greens. Add 1/2 cup charred peppers to one side of the rice. Place one-fourth of the pollock surimi on top of rice.
Garnish with kimchi, pickled ginger, and sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of Nanami togarashi and/or 1 teaspoon furikake over the top. Place two seaweed snack sheets in a bowl. Serve with extra dressing.