- Prep Time: 10 minutes, not including chill time
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 4 oz cod with Greek salad per portion
- 2 lbs. Alaska Cod, 8 ea. 4 oz. portions
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs, dried
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Canola or olive oil spray, as needed
Greek Quinoa Salad
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tomatoes, small dice
- ½ English cucumber, small dice
- 14 Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oregano, fresh
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 8-16 romaine lettuce leaves
- Lemon juice, fresh, as needed
- Fresh dill, for garnish
Step 1 Prepare cod
Pat the cod dry. Pat breadcrumbs and ½ tablespoon oregano onto the fish. Place on a rack and chill for 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
Step 2 Prepare quinoa
Rinse the quinoa in cold water several times to remove the bitterness. Place in a saucepan and cover with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool under cold water. Drain thoroughly.
Step 3 Prepare salad
Mix together the cooled quinoa, tomato, cucumber, olives, garlic, remaining oregano, salt, oil, vinegar, and parsley.
Step 4 Cook cod
Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat an oven-safe sauté pan on medium heat, spray with oil and sauté fish until almost done, approximately 4 minutes on bottom side. FInish cooking in a hot oven( 400F) for just a minute to brown breadcrumb crust.
Step 5 Assemble and serve
Arrange salad on dinner plate lined with romaine leaves. Arrange on the Greek Quinoa Salad and sprinkle the cod with lemon juice. Garnish with dill sprigs.