Broiled Wild Alaska Salmon with Coconut Curry Rice Noodles and Green Beans
Creamy coconut rice noodles pair elegantly with crisp green beans and support the star of the plate, wild Alaska salmon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2 servings
- Yield: 2 fillets
- 2 wild Alaska salmon fillets
- 5 ounces rice noodles
- 1 package frozen green beans
- A few leaves of parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 7 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Step 1 Prepare the salmon
- Soak the pasta according to the package instructions and let it drain.
- Preheat the oven to broil setting. Place the salmon fillets in an ovenproof dish. Option: Grill the salmon instead of broil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the curry sauce without the cornstarch. Coat the salmon fillets with the sauce.
- Cook the fish in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Watch carefully to not overcook.
Step 2 Prepare the sauce and noodles
- In the meantime, pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan and stir in the cornstarch. Bring to a boil and whisk until sauce thickens.
- In another pot, bring the broth to a boil. And add in the pasta and cook for 1 minute. Steep the thawed green beans in lightly salted water.
Step 3 Plate the dish
- Arrange the green beans on one half of the plate, the noodles on the other half, and a salmon fillet on top. Finally, pour the sauce in a saucepan and a few parsley leaves over the salmon and pasta for garnish.