- Prep Time: 10 minutes, not including marinating time
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 4 oz salmon (and white bean salad) per serving
Cannellini Bean Marinade
- 3 cans Cannellini beans, 15.5 oz. can
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, small dice
- 8 oz. red onion, 1/8 inch rings cut in half
- 1 oz. basil leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinaigrette, prepared
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
Alaska Salmon Fillets
- 2 lbs. Alaska Salmon fillets, 4 oz. each
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz. baby greens
- Olive oil, to taste
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. basil, fresh, chiffonade
Step 1 Prepare Cannellini Bean Marinade
Drain and rinse beans. Place in a bowl and add all ingredients. Gently stir. Cover and refrigerate. Best if allowed to marinate at least 4 hours.
Step 2 Prepare salmon
Rinse glaze and season each salmon fillet with 1/4 tsp. of Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper and set aside. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in sauté pan and add fillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Gently turn and cook another 1-2 minutes or until fillets are opaque throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3 Assemble and serve
Lay 1 oz. baby greens on serving plate. Top with 1/2 cup of marinated beans. Place cooked salmon fillet over beans. Drizzle with olive oil and 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar. Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper. Garnish with 1 tsp. basil.
Step 4 ALTERNATIVE SERVING SUGGESTIONS
Place Cannellini beans over thin crust pizza and top with flaked salmon to make an Italian tostada. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan and warm in oven.
Roll beans, greens, and salmon into lavosh flat bread. Cut into pinwheels and serve as an appetizer.