Alaska King Crab au Gratin
This elevated dish adds a rich cream sauce to Alaska king crab legs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Yield: 1lb crab legs/serving
- 9 ounces Breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Thyme, dry
- 1 Tablespoon Tarragon, dry
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- ½ Cup divided, Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 lbs. in shell Alaska King Crab Legs, split
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 3 Tablespoons Shallot, minced
- 6 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 6 ounces Dry white wine
- 6 ounces Cream
- 24 Lemon wedges
Step 1 Prepare gratin
Combine breadcrumbs, thyme, tarragon, paprika, 1/4 cup parsley and cheese; reserve.
Step 2 Prepare cream sauce
For the cream sauce, melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until translucent. Deglaze with lemon juice and wine; reduce liquid by three-fourths. Add cream; reduce by additional one-half.
Step 3 Prepare crab
For crab, turn oven on to broil. Spoon/brush cream sauce onto Alaska crab; sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Transfer crab to sheet pans and broil just until topping is golden brown.
Step 4 To serve
Serve with lemon wedges and reserved chopped parsley sprinkled over the top.