- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Yield: 8 oz. per serving
- 1 3.3 lb. pouch or 64 oz. can* red or pink Alaska
- Salmon, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 3 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs. broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or fish base
- 3 cups water, cold
- 3 qts. milk
- 14 oz. (3 cups) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed *For canned, remove skin and bones
Step 1 Prepare salmon
In large bowl, gently break salmon into large chunks. Set aside along with reserved liquid.
Step 2 Prepare soup
Heat butter in large saucepan. Add onions and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add broccoli and sauté with onions several minutes. Combine base and 3 cups of water to make stock. Add to onions and broccoli and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add milk, corn, parsley and reserved salmon liquid.
Blend cornstarch with 1 cup of cold water. Add to soup and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.
Step 3 Finish soup and serve
Add salmon chunks and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Hold hot for service.
To serve, portion 1 cup into each bowl.
Tip: Garnish chowder with small amount of Alaska Surimi Seafood or smoked Alaska Salmon.