- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 min, not including cooking beans
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 6 oz rockfish nachos per serving
- 3 pounds Wild Alaska rockfish fillets, 4 to 6 oz. ea. (If rockfish fillets are small you might need 2)
- 8 Tablespoons taco seasoning, prepared
- 4 cups Jack/Cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 2-2/3 cups black beans, prepared, hot
- 1-1/4 cups pico de gallo, prepared
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole, prepared
- 1-1/2 pounds corn tortilla chips, prepared
- 8 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Step 1 Prepare rockfish
Sprinkle each side of the Alaska rockfish with ½ Tbsp. of the taco seasoning. Hold covered under refrigeration until needed.
One Serving: Grill or griddle 1 portion of Alaska rockfish 2-3 minutes on each side, turning carefully.
Step 2 Assemble and serve
Per serving, mound 3 ozs. of tortilla chips on a serving plate. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of black beans, then flake the grilled fish evenly over the chips, then cover evenly with ½ cup of cheese. Place in hot oven or under salamander and cook until the cheese melts. Remove and evenly distribute 3 Tbsp. pico de gallo, 2 Tbsp. sour cream and 2 Tbsp. guacamole over the melted cheese. Garnish with 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro. Serve.