- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2-3
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 piece (50 g) Alaska Mentaiko pollock roe
- 200 g silken tofu
- 2 pieces (30 g) shiitake mushroom
- 30 g radish sprouts
- Broth Ingredients
- 200 ml water
- 2 tsp sweet cooking rice wine (Mirin)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 Tbsp potato starch
- 1 Tbsp water
Step 1 Make the soup
1. Remove the hard tip of Shiitake mushroom and cut into 5 mm-wide pieces. Cut off the root of radish sprouts.
2. Make a lengthwise cut in the Mentaiko pollock roe and remove the thin skin.
3. Put the broth ingredients and Shiitake mushroom in a pan. Scoop bite-size pieces of the tofu using a spoon, put them in the pan and cook over medium heat.
4. After boiling, turn down the heat and cook for about 2 more minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, add the other ingredients and stir gently.
6. Turn on the heat again until thickened, add and loosen the Mentaiko pollock roe and add radish sprouts, cook lightly, then serve.