- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 4 oz cod, 1 ½ cup rice, ½ cup beans and assorted vegetables per serving
- 3 Lbs. or 6 Ea. 4 ozs. fillets Wild Alaska Cod OR Salmon
- 2 Cups Masa or A/P Flour
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbsp. Pico De Gallo, prepared
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- 9 Cups Rice, prepared, warm
- ¾ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 3 Cups Black Beans, canned, drained
- 3 ozs. Portabello Mushrooms, grilled, sliced
- 3 ozs. Red Bell Pepper, grilled, sliced
- 3 ozs. Green Bell Pepper, grilled, sliced
- 3 ozs. Red Onion, grilled, sliced
- 2 tsp. Cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ Cups Pico De Gallo, prepared
- 12 slices Avocado
- 6 Ea. Lime, wedges
Step 1 Prepare fish and vegetables
In a large bowl blend the rice with the black beans and cilantro. Hold warm.
In another bowl, add the mushrooms, peppers, onion, and blend with cumin and cilantro. Hold warm.
Step 2 Prepare fish
Season the Wild Alaska fish of choice with salt and pepper
Dredge both sides in masa or A/P flour, shake off excess Heat large skillet, add canola oil. Place fish in heated oil, cook 2-3 minutes, turn, and cook until done, about 2-3 minutes. Remove.
Step 3 Assemble and serve
For each serving, place 2 cups of the rice and bean mix in the bottom of a serving bowl Top with ¼ cup of pico de gallo. Cover with 2 ozs. of the mixed vegetable blend. Add the cooked fish. Top the fish with 1 Tbsp. of pico de gallo.
Garnish with avocado slices and lime.