- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 (4-6 oz each) pollock fillets
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, plus extra to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus extra to taste
- 1 tsp ground coriander4 (4-6 oz) Alaska pollock fillets
- ½ cup fine yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup halved small cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
Step 1 Prepare fish
Stir together 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, and coriander. Sprinkle evenly over fish on both sides. Gently toss fish with cornmeal coating evenly.
Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot and shimmering, add fish and cook until golden and crisped, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on a wire rack and keep warm.
Step 2 Prepare relish
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallot and sauté until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and rhubarb and sauté until rhubarb is just tender, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in honey, parsley, orange zest and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 3 To serve
Spoon warm relish over fish and serve immediately.