Oven Roasted Wild Alaska Cod Sandwich
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 6 oz cod sandwich per serving
- 3 pounds wild Alaska cod fillet, 4 to 6 oz. ea.
- 8 tablespoons Italian seasoning, prepared
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil, extra virgin (EVOO)
- 2-2/3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, lightly crushed
- 16 slices Provolone cheese
- 8 Hoagie style roll, 8”
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, prepared
Step 1 Prepare cod
Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning on each side of the Alaska cod fillets. Hold covered under refrigeration until needed.
For one serving, place 1 portion of Alaska cod on an oven proof pan and place in 425° oven for 6 minutes or until cooked through, remove. Heat a sauté pan with 2 tablespoons EVOO, 2 teaspoons chopped garlic, 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper and ¼ teaspoon crushed fennel seed, and cook 1 minute. Add 2 ounces broccoli rabe, toss and lower heat and cook 3-4 minutes.
Step 2 Assemble sandwich
Split 1 hoagie roll, drizzle each cut side with 1 tablespoon Italian dressing. Cut 2 slices of provolone in half, placing 2 pieces on each cut side of roll covering end to end. Place roll in oven or under salamander to melt cheese and heat, remove. Place fish on heel of roll, top with cooked broccoli rabe, and close with crown. Slice on bias and serve.