- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 min, not including hold/refrigeration time
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 4 -6 oz halibut with herb butter per serving
- 3 pounds Wild Alaska halibut fillet, 4 to 6 oz. ea
- 8 Tablespoons mixed peppercorns, fresh cracked
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons shallot, minced
- 8 teaspoons tarragon, fresh, fine chop
Step 1 Season halibut
Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of mixed cracked peppercorns evenly over each piece of Alaska halibut, covering all sides. Hold under refrigeration until needed.
Step 2 Prepare herb butter
Place softened butter in bowl, and blend in the shallots and tarragon, making sure to get as even a distribution as possible. Place on a piece of plastic wrap, roll and twist the ends in opposite directions to form a tight log. Hold under refrigeration until needed.
Step 3 Cook halibut and serve
Per serving, take one portion of Alaska halibut and place on a hot grill, cook 4-6 minutes, turn and cook 4-6 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to serving plate. Take butter from refrigeration, cut off a 1 oz. piece and place it on top of the cooked fish. Place the plate briefly under the salamander to begin melting butter, remove and serve.