- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 2 pounds Alaska Salmon belly pieces, skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons ko choo jung sauce (Korean hot bean paste)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Korean chili powder or cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 stalks green onion (scallion or chive), chopped
- 8 bamboo skewers, 6 inches each
Step 1 Make sauce and skewer salmon
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix till salmon is well coated. Divide the salmon belly pieces between 8, pre-soaked 6-inch wooden skewers, threading the skewers into the fish pieces like a needle.
Step 2 Grill, plate, garnish and serve
Heat grill to medium high (400F). Clean the grates and lightly spray with cooking spray. Grill for 2 minutes, then flip and grill for 2 more minutes. Place on a platter and drizzle with remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining scallions and sesame seeds on top.
Chef’s note: The dish is best made with king, coho, and sockeye salmon. If salmon belly is in short supply, cubed salmon fillet may also be used.