Korean BBQ Poke Bowl
Use easy to prepare Alaska surimi seafood as the base for this quick prep poke bowl.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Yield: 2.4 oz surimi seafood, various grains and greens per serving
- 1 pound, 8 ounces Alaska surimi seafood (Imitation Crab)
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman Poke Sauce
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Bowl Base Options
- 10 cups chopped lettuce, baby kale, or mixed greens, lightly dressed with rice vinegar and sesame oil
- 4 cups kimchee, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups green apple or Asian pear, diced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced on diagonal
- 2 Tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Gochujang sauce
Step 1 Make poke sauce
Blend the Kikkoman Poke Sauce and Light Soy Sauce with the sesame oil, rice vinegar and sesame seeds. Pour mixture over Alaska surimi/salmon cubes. Cover and refrigerate.
Step 2 Prepare poke bowl
Add kimchee, apple/pear, green onion and ginger to a bowl or hotel pan. In a separate small bowl, blend Gochujang sauce and honey; pour over vegetable mixture. Gently stir in the Alaska/surimi poke mixture.
Step 3 To serve
Place 1 cup of the Bowl Base Options into a serving bowl; top with 1 cup of the poke-kimchee mixture. Garnish with shredded vegetables or sesame seeds.