- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 4, 5-6-ounce Alaska halibut fillets
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup semolina flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup leeks, washed and white part cut into ¼-inch round slices (about 1 small leek)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms, preferably wild varieties like oyster, shiitake, porcini or portobello
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces (1 stick) cold salted butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, dill, and thyme
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups greens, such as spinach, watercress or arugula, cleaned
- 1/4 cup lemon vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Lemon Vinaigrette (makes 1 cup)
- 1/3 fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Step 1 Prepare the lemon vinaigrette
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl; set aside and stir again just before serving.
Step 2 Prepare and cook halibut
Preheat oven to 400F. Season fish with salt and pepper; dust with semolina flour; set aside. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place fish in pan and let cook until a golden crust forms, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook another 2 minutes. Place pan in oven and cook another 3 minutes or until fish reaches about 125F.
Step 3 Cook vegetables and herbs
In another pan, heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and mushrooms, cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add white wine and stir. Reduce heat to low and swirl in butter, letting it melt slowly. Stir in fresh herbs.
Step 4 Dress greens, plate and serve
Toss greens and Parmigiano-Reggiano together with ¼ cup lemon vinaigrette. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top with leek mushroom mixture and halibut.