Cool Cucumbers Poke Bowl
Options abound to customize this surimi-based poke bowl.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Yield: 2.4 oz surimi seafood, various grains and greens per serving
- 1 pound, 8 ounces Alaska surimi seafood (Imitation Crab)
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman Poke Sauce
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Bowl Base Options
- 10 cups cooked farro, quinoa, or freekah, seasoned with rice vinegar and sesame oil
- 2 cups Persian or English cucumber, sliced thin
- 4 cups edamame kernels
- 3 Tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 Tablespoons dried hijiki, reconstituted
- 4 shiso leaves, chopped
Step 1 Make poke sauce
Blend the Kikkoman Poke Sauce and Light Soy Sauce with the sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds; pour mixture over Alaska surimi. Cover and refrigerate.
Step 2 Prepare poke bowl
Add cucumber, edamame, ginger, and wasabi to a bowl or hotel pan. Gently stir in the Alaska surimi mixture.
Step 3 To serve
Place 1 cup of Bowl Base Option into a serving bowl; top with 1 cup of the poke-vegetable mixture. Garnish with hijiki and chopped shiso leaves.