- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 (4 ounce) servings (2 tacos per serving)
- 4 wild Alaska cod fillets, 4 ounces each
- 8 flour tortillas, 6 inch
- 1 cup celery, thinly bias-cut, with celery leaves
- 1 cup fennel, thinly bias-cut, with fronds
- 4 tablespoons chives, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, quartered, for serving
- ¼ cup "Frank’s Red Hot Original"-style hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon Chiltepin pepper or cayenne pepper (use more or less depending on spice level)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
Blue cheese ranch dressing
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon shallot, minced
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
Step 1 Make the buffalo sauce
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle, garlic powder and sugar. Bring to a simmer; stir occasionally. Heat for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat; set aside.
Step 2 Make the blue cheese ranch dressing
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the blue cheese. Gently fold in blue cheese crumbles; set aside.
Step 3 Cook the fish
Thaw cod fillets if frozen. Pat dry with paper towels then season fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; add add olive oil. Add fish; cook approximately 3 – 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Place fillets in a bowl with buffalo sauce then gently coat fish with sauce. Divide each fillet in half.
Step 4 Assemble the tacos
Add celery and fennel to a medium mixing bowl and pour desired amount of blue cheese ranch dressing to coat vegetables. Heat flat top or cast iron skillet on high temp. Heat flour tortillas for about 15 seconds per side. Place approximately 2 oz of cod on each tortilla. Top with celery and fennel slaw, additional blue cheese crumbles, fennel fronds and celery leaves. (**For fancy flair add micro celery for garnish and flavor). Serve with lime wedges.