Alaska Sole and Wild Mushrooms
Alaska sole partners perfectly with a medley of mushrooms for this delicious dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 5 oz sole fillet, 3 oz mushrooms and 2 slices crostini per serving
Sole and Mushrooms
- 2 ½ lbs. Alaska Sole fillets, 5 oz. ea.
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. butter
- 1 ½ lbs. mushrooms, assorted (cremini, button, or shiitake), sliced
- 1 tsp. thyme, fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup + 4 tsp. sherry
- 16 slices sourdough crostini, ½ inch ea., sliced diagonally
- Olive oil, for brushing, as needed
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, fresh, peeled
- 2 tsp. thyme, fresh leaves
- 8 fresh sprigs Thyme
Step 1 Prepare sole and mushrooms
Season sole fillet with salt and pepper; set aside. For each serving, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 tsp. butter in large skillet. Add fillet to hot pan and cook 1 minute. Gently turn fish then add 3 oz. of sliced mushrooms, gently tossing in pan. Add 1/8 tsp. chopped thyme and 1 tsp. sherry. Cook until fish is opaque throughout and mushrooms have softened.
Step 2 Assemble and serve
Brush 2 slices crostini with olive oil, fully cover, and toast or grill until lightly browned. Rub garlic clove on one side of crostini. Place fillet on plate and pour mushroom mixture over crostini. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. thyme leaves and garnish with 1 sprig of thyme.