- Prep Time: 40 min, not including onion cooling time
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 8 (2 sliders each)
- Yield: 16 sliders
- 1 large red onion, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds Alaska Sockeye Salmon fillet, pin bones and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs or panko
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 16 small slider buns
- 1 cup baby arugula
Step 1 Make pickled onions
Place onions in a stainless steel or plastic container. Bring vinegar and water to a boil and pour over onions.Let cool. When cooled, cover and refrigerate. Let pickle for at least 24 hours before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Step 2 Prepare burger mixture
Chop the salmon well. Mix it thoroughly with remaining burger ingredients. Divide mixture into16 portions (about 1 /12 oz each – using a #24 scoop). Form into well-compacted patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight, to firm.
Step 3 Make aioli
Whisk the aioli ingredients together until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Step 4 Cook and assemble sliders
Grill salmon patties on a lightly oiled grill on medium-high or cook in a sauté pan in a little olive oil. The patties are somewhat fragile, so handle carefully. Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until just done.
Split the buns and toast lightly. Spread with aioli, add salmon patties, and top with pickled onions and arugula.