Alaska Salmon en Papillote
This recipe envelops Alaska salmon in parchment for a simple and lovely display when plated.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 oz salmon, assorted vegetables per serving
- 4 alaska salmon, skinless 4oz fillets
- 4 parchment sheets, 10x14
- 4 kale leaves, shredded
- ½ cup potatoes, red, sliced
- ½ cup squash, yellow, sliced
- ½ cup zucchini, green, sliced
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup onion, red, sliced
- 1 pint tomatoes, cherry
- 1 cup sherry
- ¼ cup oil, olive
- 1 tsp salt, kosher
- 1 tsp pepper, black, ground
- 2 each lemons, sliced
- 1 Tbsp thyme, fresh picked leaves
- 8 each crostini, whole wheat toasted baguettes (omit for gluten-free)
Step 1 Prepare parchment packet
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Fold parchment sheets in half so that the new size is 10×7. Cut a half-heart shape from the folded side with using as much of the parchment as possible.
Open parchment and place vegetables inside, dividing evenly between the four parchment sheets. Place salmon fillets atop vegetables. Blend sherry, oil, salt, and pepper, divide equally between the four parchment preparations.
Garnish with lemon slices and thyme. Bring edges together and fold edges to seal in contents, starting with the rounded side of the parchment and ending at the point.
Step 2 Bake salmon packets
Once parchment pouch is completely sealed, bake for 15 minutes.
Carefully open with scissors. Serve with toasts.