- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Yield: 2 servings
For the croquette
- 5 Tbsp Alaska Mentaiko pollock roe
- 2 pieces (300 g) potato
- Small amount salt
- Half of a beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp bread crumbs
- Frying oil, as needed
For the sauce
- 2 Tbsp Alaska Mentaiko pollock roe
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
Step 1 For the croquette
1. Peel potatoes, cut them in half and boil until softened.
2. Drain the potatoes and mash them using a fork.
3. Add one-third of the Mentaiko pollock roe and a pinch of salt to the potatoes and mix; let it cool down and divide the potatoes and the remaining Mentaiko pollock roe it into quarters.
4. Pick up the potatoes into your palm. Stuff the potato with remaining Mentaiko pollock roe and shape into rounds.
5. Roll in flour, brush off excess flour and dip in beaten egg and bread crumbs.
6. Deep fry in oil that reaches 170 degrees until golden brown.
7. Serve on plates with Mentaiko pollock roe sauce.
Step 2 For the sauce
1. Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
2. Serve with Alaska Mentaiko Pollock Roe Croquette