1 ½ lbs. Alaska Cod fillets, cut into 3 oz. portions
1 ½ oz. flour
½ tsp. + ¾ tsp. salt, divided
2 eggs, large
2 ½ oz. breadcrumbs, unseasoned
1 ½ oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
¼ tsp. oregano
Canola oil spray, as needed
10 oz. marinara sauce, prepared
28 oz. whole wheat shell pasta, cooked
3 oz. Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Season with ½ tsp. salt.
- Place eggs in a separate shallow dish and whisk to break up.
- In another shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano and ¾ tsp. salt.
- Bread each fillet by dipping first in flour, then egg and finally with breadcrumbs, taking care to fully coat each piece with each mixture.
- Spray a sauté pan with oil and pan fry on each side until cooked and golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Heat marinara sauce and toss with cooked pasta. Place approximately 3 oz. on a dinner plate.
- Place the fish on the side of the cooked pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan.