4 cups milk
3 oz. (1/3 cup) pepper-flavored vodka
1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
8 eggs, beaten
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
36 baguette slices, sliced 3/4" on the bias
12 Tbsp. olive oil
1 3/4 lbs. (36 each) smoked Alaska Halibut,*
3/4 oz. slices
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- Make French toast batter by whisking together milk, vodka, 3 Tbsp. chives, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Hold refrigerated.
To make 1 portion:
- Dip 3 baguette slices in 1/2 cup egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook bread slices 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned and cooked through.
- When French toast is done, place on serving plate.
- Drape 1 slice of smoked halibut over each piece of French toast.
- Garnish each piece of toast with 1 tsp. sour cream, and sprinkle
- 1/2 tsp. chives and 1 tsp. diced tomato over plate.
- Ready to serve.
*Other Alaska Seafood such as smoked salmon may be substituted.