1 3.3 lb. pouch or 64 oz. can* red or pink Alaska Salmon,
1 lb. (3 ea.) red bell peppers, sliced 1"
1 lb. (3 ea.) yellow bell peppers, sliced 1"
1 lb. (3 ea.) zucchini, sliced 1/2"
1 1/2 lbs. eggplant, large, sliced 1/2" half-rounds
Olive oil, as needed
2 lbs. pasta shells, dried, medium
*For canned, remove skin and bones
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp. lemon zest, grated
1/4 cup fresh parsley or basil, chopped
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- In large bowl, gently break drained salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil. On a preheated grill, cook vegetables until soft and slightly charred. Remove and set aside.
- In large bowl or food processor, combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, zest and parsley or basil. Slowly whisk or pour olive oil in to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables and chunks of salmon. Mix gently to coat. Hold cold for service.
- To serve, portion 1 cup per plate.
Serve hot or cold.