- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 8 stuffed avocado halves
- ¼ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cooked Alaska crab meat
- 3 scallions, sliced, plus more for serving
- 4 avocados
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Step 1 Prepare the stuffing
Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in the Alaska crab meat and scallions.
Step 2 Prepare the avocados
Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Use a spoon to scoop some of the flesh out of the avocados, leaving a larger cavity for stuffing.
Step 3 Fill avocados and broil
Position your oven rack about 8 inches below the heating element and set to broil. Divide the crab mixture between the avocados and top with the shredded cheese. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 2-5 minutes, checking frequently, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Top with extra scallions if desired and serve hot.