- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Yield: 4 to 5 oz cod sandwich per serving
Salt & Pepper Alaska Cod
- 3-4 lbs. Alaska Cod fillets, 4-5 oz. ea.
- Cornstarch as needed
- 4 oz. Scallions, chopped
- 2 oz. Jalapeños, red and green
- 2 oz. Garlic, sliced
- 2 oz. Ginger, julienne
- 1 oz. Cilantro leaves, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Ground pepper mix (black, green, red & Szechwan)
- 12 ea. Sesame bun, toasted
- 12 Tbsp. Lime Ponzu sauce
- Red vinegar (available at Asian markets) drizzle
- 2 slices of each Jalapeño, red and green, thinly sliced
- 12 sprigs Cilantro, fresh
Step 1 Prepare cod
Dredge cod in cornstarch; fry in 365°F to 375°F fryer for 1-2 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Step 2 Prepare gremolata
Combine gremolata ingredients, except cilantro, salt and pepper. Fry for 15-30 seconds or until garlic is golden brown. Cool and add cilantro leaves. Toss with salt and pepper.
Step 3 Assemble sandwiches
Place gremolata on warm bun bottom, top with fried cod, drizzle with Ponzu sauce and red vinegar; garnish with fresh jalapeño slices and fresh cilantro. Top with bun crown.
ALTERNATIVE MENU IDEAS
Stir cut pieces of cod with a little Asian-Style Gremolata into a bowl of fragrant Jasmine rice.
Add sautéed onions, bell peppers, broccoli and water chestnuts to bite-size pieces of salt & pepper cod