Pistachio Crusted Alaska Sockeye Salmon
Pistachio and lemon make this recipe crunchy, flavorful, and so delicious. Plus, it’s a perfect weeknight meal because it can be done in under 30 minutes from start to finish! From Erin O'Brien.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large Alaska sockeye salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. full fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup roasted & salted pistachios, roughly chopped or pulsed
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Freshly chopped parsley & additional lemon for garnish
Step 1 Prepare Sockeye Salmon
* Defrost frozen Alaska sockeye salmon which has been frozen just after harvest at the peak of freshness!*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roughly chop pistachios or pulse using a food processor. Place in a large bowl or plate and add breadcrumbs. Mix together.
- In a medium bowl, combine greek yogurt, mustard, honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk to combine.
- Brush mixture on top and sides of salmon fillets. Then, place into pistachio breadcrumb mixture and gently press to coat.
Step 2 Cook Sockeye Salmon & Serve
- Place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes depending on size and thickness of fillets. I personally remove at 125 – 130 degrees.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve with simple mixed green salad. Enjoy!