June 6, 2016 — The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI) is conducting a 60-day Public Comment Period for the Alaska Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM) Certification Fisheries Standard Version 2.0 (V 2.0). This is the first full review and reissue of the Standard since it launched in 2011.
The Public Comment Period begins Monday, June 6, 2016
and closes on August 4, 2016.
All comments will be presented for review to the Alaska Fisheries Standard Committee (formerly the Conformance Criteria Committee). The Committee will take into consideration all relevant comments before releasing the final version of Fisheries Standard V 2.0.
ASMI values all stakeholder input. To ensure the review process is inclusive, we are calling upon all parties with an interest in responsibly managed fisheries to review and offer their expertise and comments on V 2.0.
How to Participate in Public Comment:
* Interested stakeholders can find everything they need in the “Open Public Consultation” page of our website –
* The following documents are available for review and download on our website:
– Alaska RFM Fisheries Standard V 2.0
– Alaska RFM Scoring Guidance for V 2.0
– Alaska RFM Summary of Key Changes for V 2.0
* All stakeholders interested in submitting comments are required to use the
Further information on stakeholder involvement can be located at:
A full copy of the Alaska RFM Certification Procedure can be downloaded at:
We welcome any feedback or questions you may have at email@example.com
For more information on Alaska RFM certification go to www.alaskaseafood.org