Recipe of the Month
According to Progressive Grocer's December 7, 2006 newsletter, a new national survey released by the Food Marketing Institute and Prevention magazine states, "Americans are gathering around the dinner table to eat healthier foods."
Furthermore, the article notes that many shoppers expressed interest in nutrition guidance from supermarkets through:
Visit the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute's website at www.AlaskaSeafood.org for nutritional information by species, healthy and delicious recipes and to learn about the health benefits of Alaska Seafood.
- Signs indicating healthy food choices (73 percent)
- Signs and information about disease management (66 percent)
- Staff who can answer nutrition questions (62 percent)
- Weight loss and diet information (56 percent)
- Cooking classes to teach consumers about healthy meals (49 percent)