Sablefish, Black cod
Thanks to its rich oil content, Alaska Sablefish is exceptionally flavorful
and an excellent fish for smoking.
- Features a rich, sweet flavor and large flakes.
- Offers an average weight of five to nine pounds.
- Known for its velvety, soft and tender meat.
- Very popular as a smoked fish.
Supply and Availability
- Fresh and frozen sablefish is available year-round
- High-quality protein.
- Furnishes important minerals, such as iodine, phosphorus, magnesium,
copper, iron, zinc and calcium.
- Highly polyunsaturated fats - well-suited to low cholesterol diets.
|Serving Size 3.5 oz.
||Saturated Fat (g)
> Cod, Halibut,