GOOD NEWS FOR FROZEN FISH
- The best tasting, highest-quality seafood is often frozen.
- Alaska has the largest commercial fishing industry in the U.S. and
one of the largest in the world, and therefore has worked hard to
preserve its quality reputation.
- The Alaska fishing industry has been at the forefront in developing
state-of-the-art freezing and processing technologies.
- The result is a year-round supply of quality products that you can
serve with complete confidence.
- It is important to note that when the word "fresh" is
applied to seafood, it doesn't necessarily mean that the fish was
harvested recently, or is of top quality.
- The quality of seafood cannot be improved once the fish leaves the
water, it can only be maintained, and Alaska's industry experts have
made every effort to ensure that Alaska Whitefish reaches your door
with its just-caught freshness locked in.
- Harvested at the peak of freshness, Alaska Whitefish is quick-chilled,
carefully processed and rapidly frozen using the latest flash-freezing
techniques within hours of leaving the water.
- These superior methods preserve the flavor, color and nutritional
value of Alaska Whitefish.
- Follow the instructions for receiving, storage and thawing to ensure
that quality is maintained.
- When handled correctly, Alaska Whitefish will consistently live
up to your customers' highest expectations.
- Advantages are that you can menu all of the varieties of Alaska
Whitefish year-round, knowing Alaska's fresh-frozen quality remains
far and away the worlds finest.
- The delicious flavors of the four varieties of fresh-caught Alaska
Whitefish are available any time of year.
>Back to Whitefish Varieties