Pacific Cod, Alaska Cod, Cod
- Also referred to as Pacific Cod or true.
- Cod offers moist, firm fillets with snow white meat, distinctive
large flake and slightly sweet flavor.
- It has an average weight of five to ten pounds.
- They are ideal for a wide range of foodservice applications, from
fine dining to fast food.
- Due to its firm texture, they adapt to most cooking methods. It
can be baked, poached, steamed, saut�ed, or deep-fried for fish and
- Alaska Cod is perfectly complemented by a vast array of sauces,
herbs, spices and coatings.
- Alaska Cod is a popular menu item. It's the perfect choice for
a healthy diet.
- Alaska Cod is low in calories and an excellent source of high-quality
protein and essential nutrients.
- Alaska Cod is the highest quality cod fillet available.
Abundant Pollock and Cod
Alaska Pollock and Pacific Cod are both members of the cod family (Gadidae)
of fishes, and are related to Atlantic Cod. Alaska's fish are not just
for human consumption, they are integral parts of the marine food web.
- Pollock are harvested almost exclusively with pelagic trawls -
bag-shaped nets that are towed through the water and do not contact
the ocean bottom.
- While the Bering Sea is not completely closed to fishing, these
refuge areas do allow fish to capture the sustainability of the marine
- Most vessels fishing for pollock and cod are required by U.S. federal
law to carry independent scientific observers on board who record
the location, amount, species composition, and other data about the
catches, and they report the data to the National Marine Fisheries
Service (NMFS), which enforces federal fisheries regulations.
Supply and Availability
- The majority of Alaska Cod is harvested between the months of September
- Alaska Cod is available year-round.
- Alaska cod is ready-to-use.
- Pre-cut portions offer no waste, easy preparation, low labor costs
and provide great plate coverage at a reasonable cost per serving.
- Low in fat and calories.
- High in protein.
- Contains all the essential amino acids and several important minerals.
|Serving Size 3.5 oz.
||Saturated Fat (g)
* Contains less than 2% of the daily value of this
|10 lbs. to 30 lbs.
||8/16, 16/32, 32+ oz.
|Skinless/Boneless Fillets: Shatterpack
||3/15 lbs., 45 lbs. master
||4/8, 8/16, 16/32, 32+ oz.
> Cod, Halibut,